Tuesday, February 24, 2015

What is PiYo?

Summer 2014:
          After 3 rounds of the 21 Day Fix I was looking for something new to try and the buzz around PiYo was huge. The Pilates Fix workout is one of my favorites from the 21 Day Fix so I wanted to see what Chalene Johnson had cooked up in her brand new program that was inspired by pilates and yoga. I decided to give it a whirl and FELL IN LOVE. No jumping or impacts, no weight or equipment, and no holding stiff poses like regular yoga and pilates.
          The workouts range from 20-50 minutes and get your heart rate right into that medium fat burning, sweaty range without leaving you out of breath (except for those power sections!) I should add that around this time I also bought a Garmin Vivofit band and heart rate monitor so I was able to see my heart rate and calorie burn for each workout.
          It's hard to explain, but your muscles get so warm from these workouts, it's the energized high from a good workout while also being incredibly relaxing because it's pilates and yoga. I think that's why I love it so much. The program calendar felt a bit long to me at 8 weeks but I think that is because I got spoiled by the short calendar of the 21 Day Fix.
          I was totally floored by my results from PiYo. It just shaved inches off of my trouble areas! All but 1.5" I lost were from my hips and thighs- but don't let that fool you into thinking I didn't see results in my upper body. I saw increased muscle definition all over and for the first time really saw biceps start to come out. Those tricep push-ups are no joke! Don't be fooled into thinking you need anything more than your body weight to sculpt your body!
          Another thing it did was really help get rid of my back pain. I've always suffered from sciatic pain and working out started to help that, but the increased flexibility and low impact of PiYo really diminished my pain and strengthened the supporting muscles for my back. I seriously cannot say enough positive things about PiYo. I think it's my soulmate workout program!


http://teambeachbody.com/shop/-/shopping/BCPPY160?referringRepId=352740


No comments :

Post a Comment