Tuesday, February 17, 2015

21 Day Fix

Spring 2014
          The 21 Day Fix changed my life- and I'm not exaggerating at all! I've always struggled with portions and not knowing how much was the "right" amount to eat. I sort of knew what was and wasn't healthy, but didn't know where to start. I wanted to make a change and needed structure, but nothing too drastic that had too many "off limits" foods- I am picky and NOT a fan of vegetables. I'm so grateful to my coach Toni for introducing me to the 21 Day Fix!
          The 21 Day Fix made healthy eating so easy- there were lists of foods for each container and I found many things on each list that I already ate or was willing to try. And it's not so restrictive- there's "cheats" allowed too.  My husband and I enjoyed learning how to plan our meals (check out my coach's post on post-it meal planning here: http://tonihatinger.blogspot.com/2014/04/my-21-day-fix-meal-planning-made-easy.html?m=1) and found that the plan allowed us so much food- we definitely were not starving! But we were losing weight and inches super fast.


          The 30 minute workouts were really challenging, but with each move only lasting a minute, we pushed through. My husband works full time and we worked out together before bed- our 2 year old daughter loved joining in too!
 

          I loved that there was a different focus every day (legs, arms, cardio, pilates, cardio with weights, dirty 30, and yoga) so you weren't overworking the same muscle groups day after day. 



          Seeing immediate results was so gratifying and once our bodies got used to the right portions and eating clean, we were no longer craving junk food or processed stuff. Shakeology was a big reason for those decreased cravings too. Our deep fryer is now collecting dust- haha. Since the program is only 21 days long, it's so easy to stick with and stay committed. Over the last year, the portion control containers and meal planning has become our new lifestyle.
          We continued with 3 rounds of the 21 Day Fix before moving on to another program.
 
http://teambeachbody.com/shop/-/shopping/BCP21D160?referringRepId=352740


No comments :

Post a Comment