Tuesday, June 30, 2015

What I've lost in 1 year with Beachbody, and what I've gained

**I started this post and then it got lost...but better late than never
to show my 1 year transformation story with Beachbody!**

1 year ago Monday I started the 21 Day Fix with my husband- officially kicking off our Beachbody transformations. This Monday we started the 21 Day Fix Extreme. A year to the day! So here is a comparison of what I've lost in 1 year. But I've also gained...and what I've gained isn't shown by the scale or a measuring tape.
 

I've gained knowledge about nutrition:

  • You don't have to make a drastic change to make a difference. Try first going from white bread to wheat to whole grain, or even Ezekiel bread; or go from flavored chemical-laden regular yogurt to Greek yogurt to plain Greek yogurt with your own flavorings.
  • Generally, you should build your meal around a protein and use carbs sparingly. I used to begin every meal plan with a carb or always add bread/butter, biscuit, fries, etc. to every meal. Not any more!
  • The more healthy the food is, the larger space it should take up on your plate.
  • You can't really overeat on veggies or fruits.
  • What a proper portion looks like, and how many portions I need of what type of food each day.

I've gained confidence:

  • No one else's thoughts should dictate how I feel about myself.
  • If I don't love and accept my body, who will??
  • If I don't treat my body with respect for the amazing things it can do, how will my daughter learn to do that?
  • My mood should not depend on a number on the scale.

I've gained strength, energy, and muscle definition:

  • I have more energy than my daughter and can get up earlier in the day to get more done.
  • I can do things around the house without having to ask my husband when he gets home from work.
I could go on and on, but I'll stop here. If you'd like this type of transformation - inside and out - in your life, please reach out to me! I'd love to help you achieve this for yourself.

No comments :

Post a Comment