Monday, May 23, 2016

What's your love language?

How do you express love and caring to your spouse (or anyone for that matter)?
❤️
My husband has enough to worry about while he's gone for 12 hours a day teaching and coaching. The last thing I want to do is greet him with a "honey do" list as soon as he gets home. I do my absolute darnedest to accomplish things on my own during the day so that I don't bog him down when he's home for family time. 
A less secure man would see my pulling these big (thicker than my arms, easily 20 feet long) broken branches to the street from our backyard as me taking his "manly responsibility" from him.
It's a good thing we both rank very high on "acts of service" as a love language, because he will see me doing this and know it comes across as a caring gesture.


No comments :

Post a Comment