Thursday, October 20, 2016

Beachbody's newest supertrainer: the 20's workouts

Have you been watching #the20s on #beachbodyondemand the last few months? Who do YOU want to be Beachbody's next super trainer?? 

This will be a longer post, but here's my thoughts on the workouts and trainers:

I'll feel this tomorrow!! Today did all 3 beginner workouts from the 20s on BOD so I could make an educated vote. I was so busy all week- I wish I would have prioritized these so I could have also done the 3 advanced ones. I didn't realize there was only a few day window to vote.

I just did all 3 beginner routines. I was most excited for Erica's because I've been wanting to try barre. But I felt it was all counting and no explanation or personality really. Some moves made me feel a burn, but I felt rushed in keeping up because the moves weren't demonstrated first like the other 2 did. She didn't get much airtime this season. I almost wish Derrick was in the finals instead of her but I do remember he was bad at counts.

I loved Joe's. I like his personality and was funny but also his take on low impact but also cardio. I felt a bit too much flirting with Shallamar but he interacted with both of them great and made me laugh. I had FUN doing it and listening to him. I'd never done most of those moves but he explained well and used his other people a lot. I enjoyed hearing a bit of his fitness backstory with the multiple knee surgeries and why he works out this way.

I liked Megan's and was the most out of breath from hers. Some was from rushing from move to move. I didn't like that I needed equipment. I used my couch and pretended there were lines. Needing to buy equipment is a big barrier to people for trying a program, especially those who don't have a lot of space to workout in. It took me half the time to figure out the overall plan of the workout, lol. Her moves were nice, I had to modify many because my shoulder is strained right now. Her personality was good but lacked that extra special thing Joe had. I feel her story and inspiring her dad and family to change their lives is very cool and it was definitely played up with a lot of camera time this season. For a beginner program, hers was the hardest for me.

I might watch the others tonight but if I had to vote based on workouts alone, I'd vote Joe. Although his elevator pitch was atrocious and it drove me crazy that he mis-said 22 Minute Hard Corps as 22 Hard Corps. Megan I think won more of the challenges, and Ericka was a quiet front runner in the rankings all season long.

What do you think? If you haven't been watching, who would you vote for just based on this quick review? 



No comments :

Post a Comment