Friday, October 14, 2016

taking a "sick day"

When I was young, I was sick a lot. My dad worked an hour away, and my mom half an hour. I spent a lot of time laying sick in the nurses office at school waiting for my mom to come pick me up.

Every single time she came to get me, I felt terrible that I made her miss work. But I needed my mommy to make me feel better.

Today my poor girl spiked a fever on her field trip to the Nature Center so as she snoozes it off (hopefully) I moved my office to be by her side. Wrigley is sleeping at her feet, and Kirby is at mine.

Being able to work anywhere and completely shut down is an amazing freedom I have because of my coaching job. I don't have to choose between work and her, but if I need to- it's no contest. Being a mom is my #1 priority and always will be. My boss understands that, because I AM my own boss.


No comments :

Post a Comment